We love dog friendly cafes and we’ve visited most of them. Fancy a brisk winter walk followed by brunch or lunch with your furry friend? Look no further. Here at Happy Hounds, we have tried and tested a wealth of the finest dog friendly cafes and eateries where dogs are welcomed with open arms. We’ve listed five of our favourites in Coventry and Warwickshire below.
1. Forrest Cafe, Kenilworth. A small but perfectly formed cafe, it offers super coffee and a delicious brunch selection. Dogs are welcomed inside and they even sell a range of natrual dog treats for the discerning furry palette.
2. Dobbies Garden Centre. Stratford Upon Avon. A garden centre chain but super dog friendly and a great selection on the menu too. Good portions for breakfast and a delicious Sunday roast. They have dog friendly tables and water bowls available.
3. The Farm, Stratford Upon Avon. This is a great location for a walk combined with breakfast or brunch. Take a circular walk through the Welcombe Hills nature reserve on a four mile circular, with a stop off here for some grub. A large cafe and farm shop with a great selection on the menu, dogs can sit either inside or outside and they can even say hello to the resident pigs. Great for some socialisation.
4. Kitchen 126, Coventry. A lovely little hidden Gem just off the Holyhead Road in Coventry. A great selection of delicious cakes and generous portions for brunch and lunch. Dogs are allowed inside but seating is limited. Lake View park is nearby, a short walk with a river and wild flower meadows.
5. The Almanack, Kenilworth. Right in the centre of Kenilworth, you can take a walk through Abbey Fields and stop here for some lunch and a coffee. Dog friendly inside and out and a good menu selection.